Translate

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Creative Marketing Campaigns

Geico has had many creative ads, all from the Martin Agency. Steve Basset, the Creative Director for Geico at Martin, said it was important to deliver a message about “stability and reliability” that would stand out. Including the gecko in their ads was a way to distinguish it from insurance companies that used a traditional “gloom and doom” approach, and the funny gecko “puts a smile on your face.”

Later their creative team did one commercial where there is a stack of money staring at us with big eyes while the song “Somebody’s Watching Me” plays in the background. It was successful because people like a big stack of money, and they liked the song. People obviously got the message that they’d save a lot by switching to Geico. In a bad economy this was a brilliant strategy.

Another campaign called “rhetorical questions” had the “right amount of goofiness and clichés” presented by a stone- faced spokesman, says T.L. Stanley of Adfreak.com. Geico’s caveman ads are especially famous. They’re the ones that brought the agency so much acclaim. The commercial that used Warren Buffets name and connected him to Geico, showed a gecko in horn-rimmed glasses, giving a serious talk about saving money on car insurance, and it was as if Buffet was the “spokesman.” Halfway down the ad it had a text describing Geico as a “financially stable company that’s here for the long term” and “a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc.” This gave people a sense of trust due to Buffet’s own financial success, and at the same time it offered the brand’s “familiar gecko in a businesslike vein.”

3 comments:

  1. Creative marketing campaigns are nice to gain more which is most effective to learn more to gets an new ideas.

    Digital Marketing Company in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post. I like this topic.This site has lots of advantage.I found many interesting things from this site. It helps me in many ways.Thanks for posting this again.
    Web Development Nagpur

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Le_Meridian Funding Investors on this topic.Le_Meridian Funding Investors gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Le_Meridian so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Here is Le_Meridian Funding Investment Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.Email:lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete